Intro

Sorry for the length, but I didn't have time to write a short blog.

Thursday, July 10, 2014

How to Train Your Dragon 2: Exactly What You Think It Is

I know, been a while, and this blog is not exactly johnny-on-the-spot. Life happens.

I admit, I have been looking forward to How to Train Your Dragon 2.  I liked the first one and this one will not disappoint.  As good as the first? Not quite, but it is still a fun and enjoyable movie that your youngsters will like too.

I am not going to discuss too much plot nor voice acting skills.  The cast is pretty much the same as the first time and the audience will get exactly the same thing as the first movie:  clever comments and often witty dialog.  Vikings are still for some reason Scottish.  The plot:  Hiccup meets his mom (no secret) and there is a bad guy who wants to enslave the dragons that must be eventually faced. There are a few plot holes, but the first had just as many.  Finally a word of warning: if your child might have had issues with the death in Bambi, you may end up having that talk with this movie too.

All I can say is, my grand kids liked it and so did I.  We saw it in 3-D, and it was okay in that format.  Go see How to Train Your Dragon 2.  You will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment