Intro

Sorry for the length, but I didn't have time to write a short blog.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Speaking of Hate


At the risk of sounding like a hater myself, this is the sort of meme that  riles my sense of justice.  I've seen this one twice in a week.  "I dare you" to share? What are you? 12?

I believe that in order to convict someone and send them to prison, one must first have a trial.  In order to have a trial a law needs to be violated.  There should be evidence that said law was broken.  Please give me one law that is broken.  You can dislike anyone for any silly reason, but to announce someone should be in prison in violation of due process because you don't like him, or you've seen some extreme pundit say it's true, is the height of posting hate.  Due Process is in the 14th amendment  of the Constitution by the way.

"Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

You really should read the Constitution.  I have little doubt that you have yelled about it often enough.

Stop spreading hate!

No comments:

Post a Comment