Intro

Sorry for the length, but I didn't have time to write a short blog.

Friday, March 27, 2015

A Little Logic


I had a little logic passed on the other day by comedian, Lewis Black. No, it was not particularly liberal. But it made so much sense to me, I thought I should pass it on.

When I was growing up, my dad always taught me to leave a place better.  If you use someone's tools or their work area, you should always return the tool or the space cleaner than when you got it or used it.  Every home I've owned or rented, I always tried to leave it in better shape.  My current home has been steadily updated and improved.  It was the way we always approached a site when we went camping.  In other words, it is a typical life lesson, try to leave things better than you found it. It was something I tried to teach my own children.

This brings me to the bit of logic from Lewis Black.  It's about climate change.  Even if you don't believe in climate change, why wouldn't you want to leave this planet - this Earth - a better place than you found it for your children so they can leave it a better place for their children? For that matter, why wouldn't you want to make life better and the planet better for everyone?

Well, why wouldn't you?

It really is that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment