Intro

Sorry for the length, but I didn't have time to write a short blog.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Yet Another Divisive Meme


Today's blog will be brief. On the day of the Newtown tragedy I pondered on Facebook how long before pro-gun and anti-gun memes made it into my time line?  I pondered how long it would be before someone found a way to blame the school? The answer to my question...not long. Within hours, both had found their way onto Facebook and news sites.

I've already blogged about the serious conversation we need to have about guns in this country and have talked with friends, both pro and anti gun, about it.  So I am not going to go into  that now.   I've now seen this divisive and horrible idea for a meme twice. This is the meme that caught my attention.


The answer to the question above:

Neither...

A sign will not prevent violence nor will this meme.  Only rational thought and conversation will begin to solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment