Intro

Sorry for the length, but I didn't have time to write a short blog.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Despicable Me 2 Schools Monster


So Despicable Me 2 is everything Monsters wanted to be.  It has humor aimed at virtually every age group and has all those moments where characters connect with the audience.  It has fun. Gru, his girls, his yellow Minions and outrageous inventions are all back.

I admit, I was a bit concerned because the movie was obviously going to rely more on the Minions.  Minions are the cute little yellow helpers. As cute as they are, I was more than a little concerned that too many Minions would equal too much Minions. I was wrong. They are hilarious.  The visual gags for the minions are careful and thought out and work on virtually every age level.  I have to admit, I am not a big fan of bathroom humor, but there is even a good fart joke or two to make any middle schooler giggle with joy.

So the plot is simple enough and a bit predictable, but hey I laughed and was moved by Gru and his interaction with his three adopted daughters, one of whom is about to discover boys.  What does a X-super villain do? A villain who has three precocious girls to raise must find something that will put his talent to work.  It turns out to be more than making jelly and jams.  He must use his talent to find other super villains, maintain his home for his "girls," and maybe, just maybe, find love along the way.  The moments of emotion work and the laughs a many.  The ending musical sequence was one of the funniest things, I've seen in a while. It is a sequel, so some of the edge and creativity of the original is lessened which is to be expected of any sequel, but Despicable Me 2 hits the mark.

Enjoy and go see it. I will buy the DVD.



No comments:

Post a Comment