Intro

Sorry for the length, but I didn't have time to write a short blog.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

George Alexander Louis...much ado


I cannot tell you how much I don't care about the royal baby.  First: I am not British.  Second: I am not from Britain. Third: The British Royalty are very wealthy figureheads. Their every whim is met, and every need is given to them.  They have no power. Zero Power. Nada. Nothing. Zip. They haven't had power for years and yet England, and apparently Americans or at least American TV seems to think they do.  They cling to every tawdry affair a royal has.  They report their college-like hijinks in Vegas.  Lord knows, no one else has ever done something stupid in Vegas.  They report how awful it is when the Royal Princess is caught sunbathing topless in plain view of the paparazzi. And the Royals are surprised and appalled.  And the regular press who run the pictures and paid for them is also surprised and appalled.  Honestly, how stupid are these people.


Royals live very public lives.  They are constantly followed, and when the baby is born, they ask for the young couple to have their privacy respected.  This of course after a pompous method of announcement by sending the information to an encased bulletin board on an easel.  Seriously...an easel.

I haven't cared about the Royals and their doings since pretty much ever.  I was not surprised by all of Charles and Diana's problems,and I didn't care.  I was saddened at her death, but I didn't go into mourning. Afterall, they are not my Royals.  I seem to recall that there was this thing called the War of Independence that made it so.  Yes, the historical Royals are fascinating history but then again, Henry VIII had power.  Elizabeth I had power.  Even that thing about the King's Speech was pretty interesting.

Okay there are two interesting things about this.  With four generations of "the next to sit the throne," we could be looking at about 150 years of English monarchs, and for the first time in my life I find myself agreeing with Rush Limbaugh about the over-coverage of this event.  I know, right?  That said, it is just another baby to a spoiled pampered group of wealthy do nothings who are no longer world leaders but ambassador figureheads.  I would much rather see reporting on important things like the pirate who plunders Walgreens than what George Alexander Louis' first word or gurgle is.  Congrats Royals, you have an heir. Whoop. Whoop. Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment